So…… 2015. 2015. The big Two-zero-one-five…… I wish I could say that this year was my year. It was not. Every year that I am alive, I am grateful, and even though this year was a year full of lessons learned, usually the hard way, I am thankful to have had this year. Instead of focusing on the negative, here are the good things that happened:
- My kiddo is smart. He loves school. He is healthy. He is kind. He is the best thing ever. Always.
- We got a kitten. This tiny orange demon/lovebug who grew and is mostly pure love with a tiny bit of mischief. He was a great addition to our little family.
- I came to terms that I don’t need to make the whole world love me or happy. I have to make me love me and happy. I need to show love and make an effort to make those who mean everything to me happy. I can not fix people that do not love me. This was a lesson that I have needed to learn my whole life. I’ve grown to embrace it far more than I ever thought I would.
- I became an aunt.
- I found a job working doing a thing I love. Teaching. I love it, and will continue to pursue a permanent placement in the new year. I will take anything, but working in special education is where my heart lies.
- I have learned so much about myself now that I don’t have to be constantly seeking approval of people who would never have offered it in the first place. I am trying new things and becoming okay with my strengths and weaknesses.
- I am hands down, madly, completely in love with a man that gets me like no one else. He loves my child. He will do anything to see me happy. He is respectful, safe, loving, and unbelievably supportive and kind. It is something I thought I would never feel. It makes me happy. He is my best friend, and I wouldn’t change it for the world.
So there you have it. Despite the “stuff” goodness came from this year. I am blessed, even in the darkest times. I am looking forward to the new year, and I wish you all love and happiness.