December was sheer craziness. So busy, but apparently I decided it was the month that I would try to do approximately seven billion things. Surprisingly, I did accomplish a lot of what I set out to do.
- Take Logan to the special luminary walk around our town: We got the flu, so we weren’t able to do this.
- Celebrate by our great cookie baking extravaganza. Totally did this. Ate loads of cookies, my butt isn’t thanking me for this, but soooo yummy.
- Institute a new Christmas eve tradition. Yes…. well the evening of Christmas since he wasn’t home Christmas eve!
- have a nice home cooked family dinner and play with new toys! Yes and yes. I challenge any of you to a JUST DANCE competition.
- Late night movie night after the kiddo is asleep. Yes. Christmas movies forever!
- A night out on the town. My love had a birthday, ten days before mine and we went out for a special dinner at a new restaurant with yummy drinks!
- A family outing, complete with hand holding and hot cocoa in hand. We did this during winter break! Minions movie for free. It was fun!
- Organize, clean, de-clutter linen closet. Nope. Nope. Nope.
- Return recycling. I did this. Got a bunch of money back and helped the earth! 🙂
- Organize and clean the kiddo room! A GIGANTIC NO. It looks terrifying in there!
Blogging: Nope. I did none of this. I was too tired after educating kiddos who were SUPER excited about Christmas all day to give much attention to my blog this month.
- Fix up the category headers
- Participate in Blogmas: 25 Days of blogging
- Find a new blog a day to follow
- Observe the preferred local school achievement test. Trying to work on a time to do this.
- Ask people to write me letters of recommendation. Planning on doing this when I go back
- Finish out my long term sub placement- Now is part time until she returns full time. They seem to want to keep me around though, so I’m okay with that.
- Find another long term sub position. Looking, but no luck yet.
- Find a jug to put all spare change in. Yep. It is huge…… that’s what she said. 😉
- Sell some things no longer in the house no longer in use. So far I’ve sold one thing. But I’m posting things constantly and hopefully people will be interested.
Health: I wish I could say that I was super healthy and accomplished just one goal this month, but no. I ran on coffee, wine, cookies, and stress. But things are a-changing this month….. the cookies are all gone, because I ate them all.
So, 2015 closes with mixed success. But I am continuing with setting goals in the new year. It gives me something to work towards, and it feels good to accomplish at least some things.